BUILD EXITO Scholars program
BUILD EXITO is an undergraduate research training program at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa in collaboration with Portland State University. The program is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). BUILD EXITO offers a pathway to graduation and beyond with benefits including:
· Research training and experience
· Summer training (paid research internships)
· Innovative science curriculum
· Specialized academic and financial aid advising
· Student travel to national conferences
· Faculty and peer mentors
· Preparation for graduate school
Students from the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa and other college and university partners accepted into the Scholars Program will be trained, mentored and supported as a community of scholars with the ultimate goal of preparing to solve important health issues.
Who can apply?
The BUILD EXITO Scholars program is for students who are passionate about solving health issues and addressing health disparities and are interested in pursuing a degree in biomedical, behavioral, clinical, health, social or bioengineering research topics.
Program eligibility includes:
• U.S. Citizen, permanent resident or non-citizen national
• Full-time undergraduate student at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
• No more than 90 quarter credit hours or 48 semester hours
• Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
How do I apply?